Serving Size: 8
1 (14.5oz) Whole Grain Elbow Macaroni
2 Cups Fat Free Milk or Milk of Choice
1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Head Fresh Broccoli (or frozen Florets) about 2 cups
1 (8 oz) Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Meanwhile cook macaroni according to package directions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
2) Cut Broccoli into small Florets and let boil for about 1 minute (we like the broccoli to be crunchy you can cook more). Also drain and set aside.
3) Mix flour with salt and pepper in a large saucepan and slowly add in the milk. Whisk under medium heat. Once flourr is dissolved add 3/4th of the cheese into the mixture and mix. Lower heat and let the cheese melt. This takes less than a minute.
4) To the cheese mixture add the pasta and broccoli and some more salt to taste and mix well.
5) Pour the cheesy pasta into a bake proof dish. Add the rest of shredded cheese on top. Place in oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
6) Remove and Serve!
Tips: If you like the buttery taste in Mac and cheese you can add 2 Tbs light butter when you add the cheese in the saucepan. We like this just the way it is without butter.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Total Fat 5.6g
Total Carbohydrates 46.0g
Dietary Fiber 5.6g
Please note that nutrition facts are calculated and may vary.