Serving Size: 4
1 Can (15oz ) Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 Tbs Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1 1/2 Cup White Mushrooms (cut ver small)
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Medium Onion (chopped small)
1 TB Olive Oil
2 TB Whole Wheat Flour for dusting
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper (optional)
Whole Wheat Buns
1) In a skillet add Olive oil over medium heat and cook onions until slightly golden. Then add garlic garlic and cumin and stir for a minute.
2) Stir in mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes until the water from mushroom is completely dried. Turn heat off and set aside
3) In a bowl add Beans and mash using a fork. Add parsley and the cooked mushroom mixture. Mix well. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Add cayenne pepper if using.
4) Make 4 equal patties and dust with the whole wheat flour on each side. Using a cooking spray lightly spray each side so the flour sets in.
5) Broil each side over medium-high for about 2-3 minutes.
6) Serve with whole wheat buns, lettuce and tomatoes. Use dressing of choice.
NUTRITION FACTS: (Per Pattie)
Total Fat 4.7g
Dietary Fiber 6.0g